[Note: This post is an update to a survey I posted last week to gauge the interest of a new mini-course I was thinking about offering. You can still get on that interest list by scrolling down in this post.]
I’m sitting at a coffee shop right now. . .
. . . sipping on my girly coffee. I tried regular coffee once in an effort to cut costs, but that didn’t work out too well.
Anyhow… onto the real point of this post.
So, the other day, I announced I’d be making a free thing. And I asked you to leave a comment to see what you wanted and what your greatest fear and frustration is.
The response was overwhelming (it took me HOURS to read through your responses)!
I didn’t want to make this thing if it wasn’t exactly what you wanted … so I then made an interest list to make sure I was understanding you guys right. If enough people joined the interest list, I promised myself (and you) I’d make the video mini-course. Honestly, I was just hoping for an interest list of at least 200 people. Well… um…
… enough people joined the interest list.
In fact, more than 250 people joined the first few hours I announced the free video course!!! And now the interest list is almost triple my original goal and still growing. Wow!
So it’s safe to say that I’m definitely going to create this complimentary video course.
You spoke loud and clear and now I know exactly what I need to create for you.
I say “thank you” because I’m really grateful for all the time you spent on the responses. They were insightful, thoughtful, thorough, and really made me think.
But I write “DANG” for two reasons…
- first reason: the thing you want has nothing to do with what I originally wanted to make for you (and I mean NOTHING).
- second reason: the thing you want is forcing me to reveal a bit more about myself and my music. And that makes me a little nervous. Songwriting and mixing is very personal and not something I’m used to sharing.
But I’m not complaining here : ) I’m actually very happy to make something I know you want.
So here’s what you need to do next
Only people on the interest list will get access to this free video mini-course on songwriting, recording, mixing, and mastering.
If you’re already on the list… great, you’re all set and will be hearing from me soon! But if you’re not…
…please know that I will no longer be accepting people on the list after this Thursday. You can get on the list now by entering your email address below.
What you will be getting
I thought I would share a few more details about this video mini-course on songwriting, recording, mixing, and mastering by giving you the outline for the course.
- Video 1: Overview of my recording setup
- Video 2: Overview of recording software
- Video 3: Turning a small idea into a full song
- Video 4: Panning, EQ, compression, and making tracks work together
- I’m probably going to break this one up, I’m just not quite sure how yet.
- Video 5: Increasing the loudness of your tracks and getting ready for release
Resource files for download:
- mp3 of a finalized song from my upcoming album Blake
- Audio stems for each individual track in the mix
I’ll be letting you guys know soon when the video course will be ready…. maybe even at the end of the week, but it all depends on when my son, Blake, chooses to finally make his grand entrance into the world : )
Ok. I’m done with my girly drink. Time to go make some videos for you all.
The Music Passage"Learn to Effectively Promote Your Music & Grow a Fan Base with an Active Community of Motivated Musicians"
<< LEARN MORE >>